Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Gluten-Free Carrot & Raisin Apple Pie Muffins

For this recipe, I used Krusteaz Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour. It measures one for one, the easier the better for me. I decided to bake these to use up some apples I had on hand...which is typically how I bake or cook.

This recipe isn't full of 'spice' like other autumn recipes are, such as pumpkin EVERYTHING. It's a nice warm and fuzzy kind of muffin that can be for breakfast or any time of day.

Preheat oven at 350. I use paper muffin cups, if you do not, liberally spray the tins with a baking spray.

2 C diced apples
1 C raisins
2 grated carrots

2 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 TSP baking soda
1/2 TSP baking powder
1/4 TSP salt
1 1/2 TSP cinnamon

1 1/2 C packed brown sugar    
1 C milk
1 TSP vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 C canola oil

In separate bowls, mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients. Carefully mix the two together, mixture will be thick. Fold in apples, grated carrot and raisins. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Cool on a rack. You can ice or glaze them.

No comments:

Post a Comment