Thursday, January 7, 2016

#fillthebooties

#fillthebooties is a personal initiative and ministry to literally do exactly that, fill the booties. Even after losing my babies, I never put my hook and yarn completely away. I set it aside for awhile, but never lost hope that what little I can do for an unplanned little one will be a hand extended with love, hope and Jesus.

I crochet. A LOT. And I love to give what I create to expecting moms who don't have a crocheting mom or grandmom. If you know my story, I am post abortive and have miscarried. I know what it's like to lose a planned child and the tragedy of choosing to end the life an unplanned child. I hate abortion; I hate miscarriage. But God's plan has not changed for me, or for you. 

You see, the irony is that I learned how to crochet and sew for my future children when I was eight years old. Now, that doesn't mean I'm some kind of expert but I do love creating. Since those years of abortion and miscarriage, God still gave me three sons - He still trusted me with these wonderful young men even after all that had happened. And for that, I am eternally grateful to my Lord.

I give much of what I create to a local pregnancy center that gives 'blessing baskets' to expecting moms and to friends who need a unique gift for their friends or family. And now I have the honor of making all kinds of things for our future grandchild due this summer! A new grandchild will always give a crafter ideas and motivations.

#fillthebooties. Love unconditionally. Share Jesus. Give some hope away to someone who needs it.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment